electrics info please.

Forum for Davrian topics and questions...
redgwick1

electrics info please.

Post by redgwick1 »

Whilst the cold weather has made working on the 'every nut and bolt 'rebuild of my Mk 5,very uncomfortable,I have been inside in the warm drafting out a new wiring diagram and building looms.

What I am getting round to asking is how can I find more about the wiring on the Astra windscreen wiper motor i'm utilizing ,Like what colour cable coming from the motor connects to what, and can I make it have a variable speed intermittent.

It seems to have 3 speeds but I can't make it self park.

I've spent hours on the internet trying to find out but the best I managed was to buy a wiring diagram from e bay which came as a CD.

I downloaded it and it very nearly overloaded the memory on my PC...but then it refused to let me access any info!! so I wiped it just to free up the computer memory.

If I could get my hands on a paper wiring diagram for a 96-04 Astra, I'm sure I could work it out and move on to getting the looms in...assuming it warms up a bit.

Thanks in anticipation

Tony Redgwick
Dave6091

Re: electrics info please.

Post by Dave6091 »

Tony,

Are you sure it is a three speed?, i sort of remember that these motors had 5 wires, earth plus two speeds and two wires which parked thro a relay. I have a set of Autodata discs, if i get a chance i will see if i can copy a diagram for you.

D.
redgwick1

Post by redgwick1 »

Hi Dave,

I'm only guessing about the number of speeds,but the wiring you describe sounds about right.
There are orange,brown and white cables coming from the motor itself and green and lilac/black from the park switch area.

In desperation ,I was considering a visit to the local library to see if they had a Haynes manual for that car with a wiring diagram.

Anything you can dig up would be a life saver.

Cheers,

Tony
Dave6091

Post by Dave6091 »

Well your in luck Tony!, i have a diagram showing the colours you have.

PM me an Email address, then all i have to do is figure out how to 'duplicate and glue' the diag into a file and send it to you!!.

Cheers,

D.
redgwick1

Post by redgwick1 »

Hi Dave,

That's great news.

contact me on redgwick1@yahoo.com

I'll look forward to it

Cheers,

Tony
redgwick1

Post by redgwick1 »

Dave,

I have to say,I didn't expect such friendly and helpful information.

I appreciate you helping me out. :D :D :D

I now have a switch,relay and wiper motor from the same car and have
been able to get them working perfectly with the wiring diagram you sent me.

One more problem solved,...Lots more to go

Cheers, and thanks again.

Tony.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Hey we're all friendly on here. Nuts, but friendly. Rebuilding these things does that to us I suppose. Is anyone out there thinking of, or planning a meet sometime this year? If not may I suggest that we do seeing as Longleat is not on anymore and there seems to be a lot more owners out there than the numbers at Longleat would suggest. If anyone is interested make yourselves known. Blade.
redgwick1

Post by redgwick1 »

Hey, that sounds like a great idea.
We could post lists of bits we all needed and anyone with those or even other Davrian related bits
could bring them along and have a swap mart as well as a get together.
Cheers,
Tony R
Dave6091

Post by Dave6091 »

I'd certainly be up for traveling to meet you all!. Perhaps a pub on a sunday or even at the Crystal palace motorsport meet at the end of May. I've noticed that most havn't put their town location under the avatar, i think that quite a few of us are close together in the south/ south east.

D.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Well I'm in Ashford, Kent so a meet in the South East will be good for me. The show would be a good place unless we do more of a Davrian only meet. There's always a McDonalds or similar venue. I know a lot of us have yet to get our Davrians sorted so a meet sooner rather than later might be an idea so we could all voice our troubles and woes and hopefully we would all leave with reinstalled enthusiasm and maybe go and help each other out.