Aussie Davrian Dragon Mk8

Forum for Davrian topics and questions...
reidy377

Aussie Davrian Dragon Mk8

Post by reidy377 »

G'day guys,

My name is Rob and I have a Mk8 Dragon down under here in Australia. I have had the car 4 years and haven't had too much to spend on it but hopefully that will change this year. Does anybody know the car I wonder? Its original registration number in the UK was Q443 PGT and its original plate says 'DAVRIAN MKVIII DF/8/027/TVF'. It was fitted with the Ford CVH motor originally I believe although now it has a Toyota 4AGE motor fitted. I'm glad I found this forum and will be checking in regularly so keep up the good work and keep all the info coming!

Kind Regards

Rob.
intrepid
Site Admin

Re: Aussie Davrian Dragon Mk8

Post by intrepid »

Welcome to the forum, Rob.

I think you are the second person from the opposite side of the globe - another chap from Tasmania I think.

Any photos we can look at?
reidy377

Post by reidy377 »

I will dig up some photos and send them off as soon as I can.
I believe the one in Tasmania comes in from overseas to do the Targa Tasmania.
Australian Customs records say mine is the only Davrian in Australia that can be road registered.
My project is in the early stages of planning.
Rob
reidy377

Post by reidy377 »

gtm4honda

Post by gtm4honda »

Hi i havent been on the fourm for mounths,your car looks great,could you post any pictures of the rear trailing arms,and rear uprights, i in a right pickle with my MK8 !!
Attachments
003.JPG
003.JPG (48.73 KiB) Viewed 5610 times
003.JPG
003.JPG (49.06 KiB) Viewed 5610 times
grantw

Post by grantw »

has been a while since i have looked on this site but it is cool to see another Davrian in Australia. that would mean there would be about 4 in the country? what are your plans with it?
reidy377 wrote:I believe the one in Tasmania comes in from overseas to do the Targa Tasmania.
my mates does come in from overseas. well everywhere is overseas here to tassie! he lives in Perth and has two cars, the white rally car does spend its entire time here in tas (there is a topic on here somewhere with some photos from Targa Tas last year) it is fully registered in WA though. His other car is a mk8 circuit rae car. i am under the impression the mk8 won a few championships in Scotland..