My mk5

Forum for Davrian topics and questions...
Blade

Re: My mk5

Post by Blade »

Firstly I must apologise for the rather colourful language but it was quite a moment to hear it run at last. I hope it's going to be quite lively. When I borrowed the car off of Pat Longhurst over 20 years ago it was running the usual Imp engine and running gear and was producing about 120BHP and the R1 enginge produces about 150 so with the sequential box I think it should be quite a good hangover cure!!
Dave6091

Post by Dave6091 »

Am i right in thinking then Gary that you can't drive backwards?...bit awkward if 'er indoors' wants to take it to Tescos!.

D.
MydT9

Post by MydT9 »

I guess the Davrian will only weigh some 450 - 500kgs kerb side especially with the R1? PTW per Tonne will certainly liven up the Tesco shop :D There's a number of different set-ups yopu can get that provide a reverse drive but with that weight you might as well get out and lift it aroun :lol:

What stage are you at now?

Myd
Blade

Post by Blade »

Yep your right. No reverse gear as yet. At the moment her in doors will be responsible for that!!!!! As regards to Tesco, we have a little bet going that we could do a full weeks shop in it. She thinks it won't be big enough but I reckon it will so when it's done we're going to liven up the local Tesco's car park. Purely as a scientific excercise mind, just to show how practical a Davrian can be!
Dave6091

Post by Dave6091 »

In the early eighties our elderly volvo estate died and the Davrian was our only car for nearly a year. Angela used to lay a thick blanket in the back and our daughter Eve who was 3 or 4 sat in the back straddeling the transmission tunnel. We had to go to Daventry one time so we included some pillows and Eve just curled up and went to sleep!. A practical family car!.

She wouldn't fit in there now tho'! :lol: .

D.
Blade

Post by Blade »

I've just been told by the body shop that I should be able to pick the old girl up next week. Then the work begins. She needs the original R1 wiring loom spliced and extended, switch gear purchased and installed, suspension fitted, wheels and tyres sorted, glass fitted all round, drive shafts fitted and there's bound to be other stuff that I haven't thought of. Got to pull me finger out though coz I promissed the other half that we will be using it for our wedding in August!!!!