Davrian tub size?

Forum for Davrian topics and questions...
dickdixon1

Davrian tub size?

Post by dickdixon1 »

hi, quick question - what are the dimensions of the tub? Looks like I can finally bring the 6 down to my house, but just trying to work out transport and size of trailer or whether it will fit in back of a van. Cheers
Dave6091

Re: Davrian tub size?

Post by Dave6091 »

Hi Dick,

So you need the tub size and you live in Bath?....i'll get my coat! :roll:

Having a rolling Mk6 shell in the garage i can answer your Q accurately!.

58" at the widest behind the doors, 118" length without rear molding and assuming engine cantilevers are removed.

Dave.
cheeser

Post by cheeser »

Why use a trailer when a roof-rack or ladder-rack will do?!
There is clear photographic evidence to prove that a Davrian can be transported on top of a saloon car. In one of the Davrian Developments news sheets from the early 1980s, there is a photo of a MK8 monocoque being transported back to Ireland on the top of an ordinary 'tin top' !
It may not be the best option but if needs must......
Good luck with the move
Robin
dickdixon1

Post by dickdixon1 »

Dave, Groan...

Thanks for the sizes. Will use to check with my Dad as he has access to a transit style van so looks like early July car and owner will reside in the same place for the first time in 16 years!

Robin - health and safety didn't exist in the 80's but did cross my mind to strap it on top of my Panda...
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

Hi Dick,
Sorry I haven't got back to you I've been mega busy with stuff (unfortunately not Davrian stuff), I got your text message and you are more than welcome to drop by and have a look at my Mk5, evenings are usually fine and so is this Saturday (at the moment), give me a call and we'll sort something out.

Cheers

Mark