Castle Combe

Forum for Davrian topics and questions...
mylesC

Castle Combe

Post by mylesC »

This Saturday there should be 3 Davrians racing in the CSCC Future Classics race. That is the first time 3 have been in one race for quite some time. Jon Jefferies in his imp engined Mk8 plus Iain Mcbay and myself in our FOrd Crossflow engined Mk8s. Mine has Mk7 front and back bodywork, so looks a little more like a Mk7. Race 1, so Qualifying about 8.30am and race 1pm. Lets hope it stays fine!
Teddie2003

Re: Castle Combe

Post by Teddie2003 »

Good luck.

picture of one of the previous times there were 3 Davrian's at Combe, all Imp powered then.

http://www.motorsport-fanatic.co.uk/com ... vrian.html
Last edited by Teddie2003 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mylesC

Post by mylesC »

I'm re-building that car photographed below - Car 7...Still a long way off, but now ready to collect from paint shop...It will be going back to its original colour scheme when it ran with the Drambuie decals.
Teddie2003

Post by Teddie2003 »

mylesC wrote:I'm re-building that car photographed below - Car 7...Still a long way off, but now ready to collect from paint shop...It will be going back to its original colour scheme when it ran with the Drambuie decals.
That's the Stuart/Ian/Barry car then?
mylesC

Post by mylesC »

I bought it off Stuart a couple of years ago. It is the first Mk8 built. The tub has been back to Tim Duffee and had repairs to the front and back. I have most the parts to complete it, but it has been at the paint shop for over 12 months now, so not a lot of progress on it lately!
Teddie2003

Post by Teddie2003 »

mylesC wrote:I bought it off Stuart a couple of years ago. It is the first Mk8 built. The tub has been back to Tim Duffee and had repairs to the front and back. I have most the parts to complete it, but it has been at the paint shop for over 12 months now, so not a lot of progress on it lately!
I know about the trips to Tim, it went there and back on my trailer and we dropped my Mk6 there when it was ready to be collected.

I was also on the pit wall, the day it had the problem that meant it had to go to Tim's.
mylesC

Post by mylesC »

You know the car well then! Do you have any photos of the car? either in the paddock or on the track?
dickdixon1

Post by dickdixon1 »

I have a pink chit so will be at Combe on Sat. :D

Hopefully meet some of you then.

Dick
Teddie2003

Post by Teddie2003 »

mylesC wrote:You know the car well then! Do you have any photos of the car? either in the paddock or on the track?
I'll have a look through my photo's and see if I have anything, I know I've got some pictures of Tony and Dave when they were racing in the same series.
dickdixon1

Post by dickdixon1 »

Good afternoon of racing - a shame for Miles who had car issues (namely a Porsche getting in his way and fuel problems) and Iain looked shattered after 40 mins of racing in midday sun temperatures!

A few photos of the race - with one with all three together (with a bit of help from Photoshop).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dickdixon6 ... 636374024/

I have quite a few more but will take a bit of time to process. I even have one of Miles completing the warm up lap (sorry)...

Nice to meet you and please post if you are competing down here again.

cheers

Dick