Hello

Forum for Davrian topics and questions...
Minimole23

Hello

Post by Minimole23 »

Hi

I'm James and have been browsing here for a while, so thought I would say something. I do not currently have a Davrian, but am certainly not new to them. my father restored one during the 1990's before finally selling it in 1998 so kind of grew up fixing it. It was a relatively standard mk4, tweeked 850 engine and served as the daily drive for several years.

I have currently drifted down the Highly tuned classic mini route, but am keeping an eye out for a MK 4-6 Davrian Project.

Does anyone know the whereabout of this car nowadays? Sorry for the scattering of photos but these are the best order they would fit in the scanner.

limjamrace

Re: Hello

Post by limjamrace »

Hello James,

Recognised one of the pictures of your ex as i have the same shot more or less from a distant Imp Club National weekend.
Not sure which year though.
I don't have any information as to where your ex Davrian is but i remember it being so nice.

yours David L
Minimole23

Post by Minimole23 »

That weekend was way back in 1991 now. Pretty sure it picked up a trophy at the time, as that was fresh from restoration. Real shame it had to be sold, but in the end the commuting distances became too great for a car that was sat at 5k rpm at 80mph.

When I spot the right Davrian, I am hoping to go down the turbo route (that or maybe a bike engine). Trouble is they seldom seem to come up for sale!
limjamrace

Post by limjamrace »

Yes if i had any Imp engined vehicle i would certainly force induction it..
I have failed at the last post getting such an engine supercharged (finance only a problem)but it is certainly more desiable than ultra high revving normal aspirated engines in and out of competiton .Unless you have a selected class that is.

I'm all for "historic " cars to retain the period engine though as opposed to "bike engines",but i can see your angle on this.