Meet

Forum for Davrian topics and questions...
Blade

Re: Meet

Post by Blade »

OK people let's get the ball rolling. Mrs Blade has given me the go ahead to book tickets for this Meeting. If we can we will be there for the weekend so why not break out the tents and camping stoves. We'll be there in the camper so there will something fried in the morning washed down with a hot cuppa! Queuing of an orderly fashion at the serving hatch please. So lets put the word out and make this a good meet. We've got plenty of time to get a good number there hopefully.
tom.goldsmith

Post by tom.goldsmith »

well I'm in and will have the mark 5 there, tenting will be no problem if brands in ok with it. Might be worth giving semsec a ring see if we can get a deal for a club visit ??
Blade

Post by Blade »

Well I'll go to Brands and make some enquiries as to whether we can stay there the weekend and make some enquiries to see if we can hold a sort of "club meeting" aswell. Hell let's push the boat out and see if a magazine might be interested! So if anyone has any suggestions please put them forward.
davrian6140

Post by davrian6140 »

Thats a go for the coopers to. providing the dav holds together
the cars going well injoyed the trip back from Beaulieu to the
seven stars in petersfield in 45 mins. [55 miles] easy peasy.
Dave
Dave Cooper
davrian6140

Mk6a DAV 373H
Blade

Post by Blade »

Well it's great to see the positive response for the meet at Brands but seems to be very limited numbers at the moment. I'm so looking forward to it that I'm going to do my upmost to get my car sorted. At the very least it will be there even if it's not up n running! So come on you Davrianites, join in and bring your cars along to show them off. Let's get some good numbers for this one. What a better place to meet up than where they proved so successful in Mod Sports championships back in the day! Blade.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Sorry to be a pain but the numbers for the meet at Brands in September is little shy of what we would hope. I appreciate that some of you may be quite a distance from this venue but how often do we get a chance to get a good number of Davrians together and people who appreciate the marque? Bring the family, friends, a few beers and a BBQ and let's have a good showing of cars too. C'mon Davrianites let's make it a good one.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Well just to let everyone know, I've been to Brands and camping for the weekend has been OK'd, free of charge! We still need to pay for the racing. No concessions here I'm afraid as I have no idea of numbers attending. Hoping to bring along something that might be of interest to you all that might even make some noise!!! Directions to the campsite will be listed here soon for anyone who needs them. Looking forward to seeing you all there. Gary.
intrepid
Site Admin

Post by intrepid »

Looking forward to it but I won't be in the Davrian.

Will pop along on my latest project if it lasts the trip to the Isle of Mann Classic TT this coming weekend!!
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (552.5 KiB) Viewed 6068 times
...and it started out like this...
IMG_0237.JPG
IMG_0237.JPG (1.53 MiB) Viewed 6068 times
davrian6140

Post by davrian6140 »

Hi Blade,
do you know how many DAVRIANS are coming on the 15th?
It would be great to at least 4 or more. Looking forward to
a good chin wag and breakfast.
Dave.
Dave Cooper
davrian6140

Mk6a DAV 373H
Blade

Post by Blade »

Hi Dave. Not too sure of numbers because the response has been so poor. In terms of attendees, I believe that the usual candidates from the previous meets will be there. As far as how many Davrians will be there, I think there will be 4. More would be nice but as I said the response has been a little low. Do you know what day or days you will be there? I'm going up Saturday and staying overnight but if anybody wants to make a weekend of it I'll go up Friday.