Lightened Steel Flywheel for 930 Conversion

Post your entries here for items for sale or parts that you are looking for...
graham

Lightened Steel Flywheel for 930 Conversion

Post by graham »

Hi All

Steel Flywheel for sale.
This is made for the Talbot 930 conversion, when retaining the 930 crankshaft. Brand New Made from billet, drilled and tapped to suit the standard Imp clutch.
When using this method, the 930 crank needs dilling for a modified spigot bush.

£180 with ring gear or £140 without ring gear.

Would ideally prefer collection, to save messing about with carriage risks, I'm in Ashford Middx just off J13 M25.
If you give me a post code, I'll check a shipping price. I would want to carefully pack this in a wooden "sandwhich" though, just to be safe.

Please PM or tel Graham or Colin, 01784 259 258.
Cheers
Graham
Heathrow Area Centre Organsiser (The Imp Club)
peterginetta

Re: Lightened Steel Flywheel for 930 Conversion

Post by peterginetta »

Hello there, I appreciate your ad is coming up for a year old, so fully expect the flywheel to be sold or otherwise disposed of ??
Regards,
Peter
Just in case it is still available, I've got myself a 930 block to build a mildly tuned road engine. Would the flywheel be suitable for a road car?
graham

Post by graham »

Hi Peter

Yes, still have one, as Dad makes them from scratch.
It will be fine on a road car, I think you need to go to great extremes to make them too light.
Got one on my Davrian with a GE3 cam and ticks over sweetly.
Dad even has an alloy one on his 930 Husky, and tickover/low down torque is absolutely fine with that.
If you need any help with the rest of the conversion, please feel free to ask, we've done quite a few.

Cheers
Graham
Heathrow Area Centre Organsiser (The Imp Club)
smurf

Post by smurf »

Graham,

I have on of Colin's flywheels and am finally getting my arse in gear to build up the 930 lump... Before I do just need to clarify a few points for it:

I understand there is a need to re-drill the 930 crank to take the Imp gearbox shaft, do you have any details/spec on this? the same goes with the spigot bush.
I know your dad has done a few over the years so would rather get some data from you than just dive in; hopefully I can get one of the guys in workshops here to do the work that needs doing if I can't do it myself. I'm not far from you down at RAF Odiham.

Any hep is always appreciated.

Steve