Activity

Forum for Davrian topics and questions...
Blade

Activity

Post by Blade »

I know I'm only a new member of this forum but I am surprised that there is so little activity on here. I go to check out what people are up to on a regular basis but very little seems to be said. I for one am passionate about the mark and have been for most of my life since going to race meetings with Pat Longhurst, Bob Jarvis and Adrian Evans. I have been the proud owner of an ex Pat Longhurst racing Mk5 and have been restoring it for a number of years now and to talk to others that are either lucky enough to have theirs on the track or the road, or those that are in the same situation as me it's nice to be in touch with other owners. Support for us 'nutters' is hard to come by so it would be nice to catch up with a few others. Here's hoping. Blade.
matnrach

Re: Activity

Post by matnrach »

Seems like the site is mostly not available when I go to brouse.

Whereabouts are you?
Blade

Post by Blade »

Yeh I have had the same problem with the site. I'm based down in Ashford, Kent. Whereabouts are you and do you have a Davrian? If so what you got and what is the spec/status?
matnrach

Post by matnrach »

If you look on the 'car logger' section under 'mk8 A series' you will see the details of the car.

I have just finished rebuilding the engine with a different cam and other internals and now just mapping it.

I'm in Northants near the Cambridgeshire boarder.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Just checked out the MK8. Very nice. You must have spent a lot of time and effort on it. Puts my MK5 to shame. It's still in the body where it's been for almost a year now! As usual with my car all other (easier) jobs get priority. Same with the engine. And exhaust. And driveshafts etc, etc, etc. You know how it goes.
matnrach

Post by matnrach »

I also had a mk5 a few years ago, although it didn't handle or go (only a std IMP sport engine) as well as the mk8

Blade

Post by Blade »

Damn! I don't think I've seen either of your cars before but I must say they are probably the best examples of both models I've ever seen. I've plenty of phtos and many in the flesh, even at Longleat and none of them were up to the standard of yours. Seeing your MK5 makes me even more determined to get onto the body shop to give them the hurry-up.
matnrach

Post by matnrach »

Yes, summer is coming.
I had an MOT today. No problems but a hint of detonation on the engine on the way back so a bit more engine mapping to do.
The tyres are A048R so not much grip at the moment. I need it to warm up!
Blade

Post by Blade »

Mapped Mini engine? Sounds like you getting real technical with it. Good to hear the MOT was a success and the tyres you got should give ample grip in the dry. I contacted the body shop today and they told me it will be done in two months. Then all I have to do is wire up engine and all other electrics, source wheels and tyres, fit windows, get MOT and anything else that I might have forgotten!