Janspeed combined manifold

Forum for Davrian topics and questions...
Hal Mercier

Janspeed combined manifold

Post by Hal Mercier »

Is there anyone producing these at the moment (apart from the guy in S.Africa)?

If I got a run made, would anyone here be interested and if so, what sort of price would you expect to pay.....what would be a reasonable selling price?
cheeser

Re: Janspeed combined manifold

Post by cheeser »

Hal,
Is this the type of combined manifold that you mean?
cheeser

Post by cheeser »

http://www.maniflow.co.uk/index.php?vie ... oduct=1461

This is the link that I didn't attach!!
Hal Mercier

Post by Hal Mercier »

That's the one.....same as the Janspeed design. What's their quality like? Should be good at that price.....is that mild steel or stainless ? (I nearly said titanium!)

I'm going to check prices over here as someone has just started custom building bike and competition systems here.
cheeser

Post by cheeser »

Hal,
Both Jan who set up Janspeed and Dave who set up Maniflow both learnt their trade at Downton Engineering http://mk1-performance-conversions.co.uk/downton.htm
If you research Maniflow I think you will find that they are considered one of the best in the business. I have had two manifolds direct from Maniflow and can confirm that their fit and finish is very good, also you can be assured that the detailed design is good, giving excellent performance. Maniflow products are so well thought of that you even get poor chinese copies these days, so be careful that you get the real thing!
I think the manifold is likely to be mild steel,although I'm sure Maniflow would make you one in SS ( or titanium!) if you wanted.....at a price.
One of my mild steel manifolds is over 25 years old, having regular use, and is still very sound.
Hope this helps?
Soyuz

Post by Soyuz »

I still have a brand new, unused one in the garage. nobody has ever shown any sensible interest in buying it from me. When I got it, I had it blasted and alloy sprayed. The same goes for the brand new, unused pair of 40 DCOE's that I bought to put on it too.
Hal Mercier

Post by Hal Mercier »

Soyuz, YHM