Hello Again

Forum for Davrian topics and questions...
dickdixon1

Re: Hello Again

Post by dickdixon1 »

9 days and counting.....good luck
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

MOT booked for Friday, nothing like a bit of pressure to get a project finished.

I have just sorted the clutch and cleaned the paint off the horn bracket for a good earth so the horn now works, should be getting the gearbox output seals tomorrow so that will be that sorted.

I'm just about to pop out and fit the mirrors, also just filled the cooling system and no leaks (cold), I may fit the door rubbers tonight, I think I'll reuse the old ones but only for the bottom of the door where the huge gap is and then use a U shaped trim for the upper half that the window frame closes onto that has almost zero clearance.

I'm getting there but its a bit manic especially after a day spannering at work
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

MOT tomorrow at 1400, I had a relatively early finish tonight at 2130,,

The Dav threw up a few challenges to get it ready:

Major snags with the electrics no lights worked on Wednesday but after cleaning all the connections they are now all working.

Both gearbox output seals leaking so new seals fitted (and rotoflexes refitted the correct way)

Clutch slave cylinder gave up so resealed, starter motor gave up so new brushes soldered in.

Engine overheating so spent a good couple of hours bleeding the system with the rear jacked as high as possible (that worked).

No 1st and 3rd gears so elongated the holes in the tub to move gearstick a back a tad.

Engine stopped while bleeding the cooling system so new points and condenser fitted.

For the first time in my ownership I bolted the front and back on properly tonight and was pleasantly surprised with the panel fit, the panel gaps are better than my old G15 before I restored it.

So here's looking forward to tomorrow, my only worry is whether or not it will get on the rollers it's so blooming low on the front.
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

It passed, straight through, happy days
Dave6091

Post by Dave6091 »

Well done!, another one on the road, now your driving it you'll have a different list of things to do!.

My Mk4 passed it's mot this morning as well, the testers always laugh at it as they are all too large to fit thro' the door,
I always have to do the brake roller test myself!.

D.
davrian6140

Post by davrian6140 »

Well Done nugget, that will be 8 on the road. so can all DRIVE
THEM to a DAVRIAN chin wag some time!
Dave
Dave Cooper
davrian6140

Mk6a DAV 373H
dickdixon1

Post by dickdixon1 »

Well done Mark.
Minimole23

Post by Minimole23 »

Well done, Surprising the number of issues being stood creates!
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

Yep, I think you can put most of those things down to it being stood up for 6 years, including the rusted out trailing arms that I had to repair using another pair that donated their bottom pressing by drilling out the spot welds then welding them back on to mine, before you ask the reason why I didn't just bolt on the donor pair is because they were bent and the only spares I had.
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

Thanks Dave C, I would be up for a meet, does anyone know if there is an epicenter of Davrian owners?