Davrian on Ebay

Post your entries here for items for sale or parts that you are looking for...
dickdixon1

Re: Davrian on Ebay

Post by dickdixon1 »

£3417 is a bit higher than I thought it would go. Was expecting it betwenn 2.5 to 3. Is this now the market price for restoration cases or just a one off as it will be quick to get ready to race?

Hopefully will see it on a car logger thread soon.
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

I guess its worth what someone will pay and no disrespect to the Davrian marque but £3.5k seems a tad rich to me for a resto project
robfromsomerset

Post by robfromsomerset »

with apologies to the losing bidders.....
I bought it, and I've just registered on here, though have lurked here for a few months.
Viewed it this morning since it's only 1/2 an hour from home. I won it for about what I thought it was worth, ie only a little bit less than I was willing to pay. I've wanted one for around 23 years since seeing a blue turbo'd (mk6ish) competing at Ragley Hall, so I'm proper chuffed. I'm planning to rebuild and finish it with the full involvement of my super keen kids.. When done it'll be in very good order, road going and original (ish).

V5 according to my reading of the DVLA guidance, should be OK. SVA maybe fun.

I'm sure I'll be back with a heap of questions and updates, but only after I've finished the kitchen.

If anyone knows about the car (the seller didn't know much) please get in touch.

Anyone want a solid SWB series 1 Jag XJ6 manual?

Rob
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

Hi Rob, well done and welcome to the forum, if you are from somerset and 30mins from Bath you must be fairly close to me in Frome, if you need any help or just want to see a complete??? one in the flesh let me know, you're more than welcome to pop over for a cuppa and a chat
robfromsomerset

westbury-sub-mendip so this car is closer to me than you are....if you want a blast up cheddar gorge. it's 2 miles from me.

I would like to take a look at a finished example since I guess that build books don't exist ( :D )...thought I might pop up to the NEC having seen the events board.

I'm pretty handy though so nothing much trim/paint/engine/welding/grp wise phases me. I've owned lots of junk in the past so quite looking forward to getting stuck in without needing it for work the following Monday!
dickdixon1

Post by dickdixon1 »

Looks like we can set up a SW chapter of the forum!

Only thing I will say, you can look at as many Davrians as you want, and each one will be different. The front and back are completely different to mine and I think yours is a 6 as well. But you have a good setup to work with on yours to start with.

Noticed it didn't have seats but if you need to make a mold then mine are out at the moment as will need stripping back to be reupholstered so you can take one of them.

Cheers Dick
Minimole23

Post by Minimole23 »

Well done, be good to see the rebuild on here.

Whats the planned usage? road, track or a bit of both.
robfromsomerset

@dick. ..confused by the seats remark...I'm not sure what they should look like!. I was thinking they need a bit of foam and some vinyl then good to go.
.@minimole. Get it road worthy for starters then may be a few sprints for fun. .

Busy at work and home so this is a slow program for stress relief. ..
dickdixon1

Post by dickdixon1 »

Rob,

On the Davrian there is a lift out seat - it means you can upholster and wrap / glue the seams behind it. If just racing then the foam option is another way. It also depends on how tall you are as to whether you need the seats - I'm 5'11" and with the seat in it is about right for me to the pedals. If taller you can get rid of the seat to sit lower and further back. Generally the pedal assembly is fixed so your only adjustment is is the seat area. Picture will give you a rough idea of them out of the car.

When I looked at the car I think you will need to replace the tanks - one side is open foam so has probably got water ingress over the years. There is an article somewhere on the forum of a cut by cut replacement.

When are you collecting the car? - I am 6 miles away from it if you wanted to look at another in a million pieces! Free Saturday but not Sunday.

cheers

Dick
Attachments
seats.jpg
seats.jpg (415.42 KiB) Viewed 6250 times
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

Mine has buckets that sit in the buckets as it should be but like Dick says there's nothing to stop you just padding out the outer shell, I think my seats are standard Davrian and they give you a bit of a best fit compromise for seating position, I'm 5'9" and the clutch is a bit of a stretch to fully depress it however head clearance is ok until I put a helmet on which just and just rubs on the roof, my solution is to slump in the seat.