Davrian Mk6

Post pictures of your car here for others to see!
Dave6091

Davrian Mk6

Post by Dave6091 »

A few pics of my Mk6 (D1/5/6091). It was the first roadgoing 6 and was kept by Adrian to lend to prospective customers and the motoring press.I suspect it had a hard life for a couple of years and after several owners and three resprays i bought it in 1978. I used it as everyday transport and covered over 80K miles and sold it 6 or 7 years later but then bought it back after six months when the new owner bought a 7A!. I sold it again :roll: after a few years but it came home for the last time after a chance phone call from Robin Human who then owned the Kileen lemans car and had bought my car purely to take the race engine out of it. The car has stood in a lock up for the last six years or so and i figure it's time it was put back on the road before i get toosbloody old to get in it!!!.

Looking terrible with half the paint stripped..10 coats!!!

A weeks work with my son Steve and it's nearly all back to gell coat:

I will post some more pics as we progress!

ttfn

Dave.
Dave6091

Re: Davrian Mk6

Post by Dave6091 »

Looking worse by the day!!.

Dave.
Last edited by Dave6091 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave6091

Post by Dave6091 »

Everything now totally stripped, suspension arms and xmember off to be blasted and powder coated.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=546

download/file.php?mode=view&id=545

Hope this is of interest!!.

Dave.
Attachments
davrian 005 (2).JPG
570.JPG
intrepid
Site Admin

Post by intrepid »

Well done Dave.

You are putting me to shame!

I shall have to do some more work at the weekend to play catch-up.
Dave6091

Post by Dave6091 »

Two more very sad bloke pics!, but the parts came back from the powdercoaters looking superb.
Bought the rack boots and other parts from speedy spares, very happy with their service!.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=544

download/file.php?mode=view&id=543

Dave.
Attachments
susp002.JPG
rack.JPG
davriandave

Post by davriandave »

Hi dave, Hope all is well and the mark 6 is progressing. my 6a Di/5/6140 is at the wiring stage and should be on the road
2010. [ been saying that for the past 10 years]. building cars or should i say rebulding cars to concours standard tends to rub of on

the davrian. I will get my son to put some pics up for you to see. [ just trying to learn to use the computor].
Regards
Dave Cooper
intrepid
Site Admin

Post by intrepid »

Any chance you can trace the shape of the rear disc brake mounting - I need to make some to fit the standard imp trailing arms.
Dave6091

Post by Dave6091 »

Pattern is done, PM me yer address and i shall pop it in an envelope to you sir!,

Dave.
Soyuz

Post by Soyuz »

intrepid125 wrote:Any chance you can trace the shape of the rear disc brake mounting - I need to make some to fit the standard imp trailing arms.

It depends what calipers his using, The calipers I gave you with the car are for a Sierra. I have a paper template for the brackets for these which need to be cut from 6mm steel. I'm in Ukraine until 14th but, I'll post you the template when I get back if Dave is not using the same calipers. I think I also have a pair of brake pads and retaining pins I forgot to give you - Don't be shy to ask - I don't bite! :D

P.S. I recognize Dave's car, The last time I saw it was red with two lock barrels on the drivers door at pestalozzi hillclimb circa 1995
Soyuz

Post by Soyuz »

Dave, I'm intrigued by the long piece of flat bar on the left of your photo of powder coated parts. Where was it fitted and why ?