Davrian Mk 6a

Post pictures of your car here for others to see!
intrepid
Site Admin

Re: Davrian Mk 6a

Post by intrepid »

Drop me a PM with your mobile number and address and I'll give you a call and we can arrange a meet when it's finished. You can even have a drive for old times sake!

I am going to paint it Old English White I think so that will be its third colour change, although my son thinks it should stay blue.

Do you know what brake pads fit the calipers?
Soyuz

Post by Soyuz »

I'll pm you, I think your missing 2 front pads and a pair of pins. I have an idea where they might be in the garage.

White is a good colour for a Davrian, at least it won't show the ripples as much as a dark colour.
intrepid
Site Admin

Post by intrepid »

Thanks.

Some more progress today...stripped the near side backend ready to refurbish it and gain access to the water pipes that I will also replace whilst I am there.

IMG_1292.JPG
IMG_1293.JPG
intrepid
Site Admin

Post by intrepid »

Latest progress...

1. Stripped and cleaned all the various parts that came off the back end. Painted them ready for putting back together.
IMG_1294.JPG

2. Re-assembled the parts with new brakes, slave cylinder, spring and retainer kit. Washed out the bearings and regreased them.
IMG_1295.JPG

3. Cleaned the gearbox casing and rear cross member plus a lick of paint. Painted inner wheel arch.
IMG_1298.JPG

Still plenty to do to get it on the road for September but I might just make it...
intrepid
Site Admin

Post by intrepid »

Managed to get the nearside rear end fitted with a new Rotoflex drive coupling (bit of a pig to fit). It's getting there bit by bit!
IMG_1305.JPG
IMG_1306.JPG
intrepid
Site Admin

Post by intrepid »

Managed to get all four corners finished and started to run the new brake pipes. Also fitted a single DCOE Weber combined inlet/exhaust manifold - not easy to find these days and cost a pretty penny.

With only a few weeks left to finish the running gear and get it MOT'd it will be a miracle if I make it to Castle Coombe for the 50th anniversary but I'll keep plugging away during the evenings and weekends...

IMG_1348.JPG
IMG_1350.JPG
IMG_1351.JPG
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

Looking good, hope you get it finished for Combe.
intrepid
Site Admin

Post by intrepid »

Another weekend spent trying to get the Mk6a ready for Castle Coombe - this weekend was running new brake lines and what a pig of a job when you only have ramps and axle stands to raise the car and given my size and age, crawling underneath is no mean feat!

Well the brake lines are fitted, including some homemade front lines with banjo fittings to clear the wheels. A bit of work to the alternator fitting and various bits of fettling here and there but much more left to do.

I think it will require a bit of time off work to complete but with a fair wind I might make it to the show, albeit the paint work and interior will be rough and unfinished and the old front end will have to be fitted as I won't have time to fit the new front end and pop up headlights....

IMG_1359.JPG
IMG_1358.JPG

And as luck would have it the front suspension has leaked all of its fluid, probably because the seals have hardened through lack of use over the years - so now in the vice ready to strip down and rebuild during the week... I could have done without the extra work!

IMG_1361.JPG
intrepid
Site Admin

Post by intrepid »

Managed to get the following done today:

IMG_1364.JPG
IMG_1365.JPG
New hoses fitted,
New spark plugs,
New alternator fitting for the wiring and extended loom to reach new alternator position,
Fixed the leaking suspension unit (I hope!)
Made up bracket for throttle cable and fitted new choke cable.
Removed exhaust and fitted new competition gasket and fitted bike exhaust.

Just needs water and a battery to start up - I wonder if it will start?

Looks like I might make it to Coombe after all - paid John for my ticket so that's probably jinxed it!
davrian6140

Post by davrian6140 »

Hope all goes smoothly and a new mot.
Looks good . once you drive it you won't to stop.
See you at Castle Combe.
Dave
Dave Cooper
davrian6140

Mk6a DAV 373H