Mk8 Dragon clutch release arrangement

Forum for Davrian topics and questions...
Chris_Lincs

Mk8 Dragon clutch release arrangement

Post by Chris_Lincs »

Does anyone know what the clutch arrangement was on the Davrian (mk8) Dragon with transverse XR2 gearbox?
I seem to be either missing the correct release arm or have the slave cylinder & bracket mounted in the wrong place (Unfortunately I got the car in bits & without engine / gearbox).
Attachments
IMG_20170304_172311.jpg
Dave6091

Re: Mk8 Dragon clutch release arrangement

Post by Dave6091 »

Well it looks to me like your nearly there!. The original set up on the ford box was a cable coming across from the side with the arm at 90 deg from where it is now. The original arm would have been welded to the bar going down to the release bearing so someone has put an adjustable one on there and set it opposite to the new slave cylinder. It looks to me (famous last words!) that you now have to alter the arm so that it can receive a rod pushing from the slave, perhaps welding on a fitting from the end of another arm, the imp one may be possible as it has a rod already fitted to it.

Someone will shoot me down in flames but at least it will start the discussion going!.

Dave.
Chris_Lincs

Re: Mk8 Dragon clutch release arrangement

Post by Chris_Lincs »

Thanks Dave,
This was just my guess at the setup using the parts I found in one of the boxes of bits, I've now found the push rod too. As I've got several old Ford BC gearboxes lying around I'm just going to make a new arm and weld it onto a shaft from one of those (easier than modifying the adjustable to fix at this angle). Already made a bush for the pushrod to fit in the arm.

Chris
Attachments
IMG_20170307_205919-800x600.jpg
IMG_20170307_205919-800x600.jpg (91.21 KiB) Viewed 3659 times