Davrian register VKM180H

Forum for Davrian topics and questions...
Nobbys1956

Davrian register VKM180H

Post by Nobbys1956 »

Could anybody tellme if the Davrian Register still exists? I have an E mail and phone no for a Mt John Rawlings. I have phoned and left messages and also Emailed with no success. Im still trying to find some info on my car can anybody help?
Teddie2003

Re: Davrian register VKM180H

Post by Teddie2003 »

he's motorsport john on here which is another way of contacting him

Have a look in your PM box as well
Nobbys1956

Post by Nobbys1956 »

Thanks for the info. I have this list already. Hopefully somebody will contact me at some time with some history. Will try motorsport john
Many thanks have a great christmas
OLDSPRINTER

Post by OLDSPRINTER »

I owned VKM180H from May 1987 until Feb 1989 and did lots of mods to it including making a new pedal box, taking the opening sunroof out, modifying the bonnet to allow air into the front mounted radiator and building a 998 engine with wills ringed head. I have quite a few photos and can explain mods in more detail. I subsequently bought a MK8 ex forest spec rolling shell from Pat Longhurst (works Davrian driver) and fitted Ford xflow and Beetle gearbox which was used in sprints for a few years. Following that I had a 1968 wooden chassis Marcos before buying the ex Rob Longhurst hillclimb Dragon which eventually caught fire at Llandow in October 2004.
I wrote an article for my local car club covering my cars up until March 2003 plus other articles about the Dragon and its demise. I can email copies if I have your mail address. Not sure what davrian.net policy is on exchanging emails is but mine is richiedevall@gmail.com
cheeser

Post by cheeser »

Hi Richie,
I think you had a slip of the digit, your Mk8 was originally owned by the late Rob Barkesfield and was a great car having been further modified by Tony Freeman before your ownership.
I was very sad to hear of your loss of the car after having travelled on the road in it with Rob in about 1986 and seen it's further development by Tony.
I first knew Rob in 1983 when we both placed orders for Mk8s just before Davrian went bust. Rob stuck with his order and eventually got his car constructed by Tim Duffee before he launch his Darrian T9. In '83 Rob was running a much modiied Morris Minor with a rear axle that he had bought from Nick Mann at the time that Nick went to a stronger rear end for his famous hillclimb V8 engined Morris Minor.
Very intersted to see the lastest online Davrian Newsletter with the second part of your article on the demise of your Dragon.
That's a bit of a hint to anybody reading this to get articles to John Rawlings to enable him to keep the Davrian Newsletter going!
Richie I hope you've now got your road going Darrian ?!!
mk1

Post by mk1 »

Hi I'm new to davrian ownership and have the rebuild of ETE 503F on my hands at present. I found Martyn Morgan Jones interesting to speak to regarding history of these cars I cross referenced with Mr Duffee also. Martyn had 10 pictures of ETE to add to the growing collection I am trying to build up of this early 1967 car. In addition my car appears in his book with literature. I am sure you have approached these avenues though. If not you may find your answers. I think I still have contact details for Martyn if u need.
davep

Post by davep »

Hi are you the owner of VKM 180 asking for previous history ?
Dave P