Davrian trailing arm pivot brackets

Forum for Davrian topics and questions...
Chris_Lincs

Davrian trailing arm pivot brackets

Post by Chris_Lincs »

Does anyone now if there's a specific order the trailing arm mounting brackets fit on a Davrian Dragon (mk8a)?
I've tried all sorts of combinations but none seem to align fully on order to put the bolt through without force.
Attachments
IMG_20160725_233955.jpg
cheeser

Re: Davrian trailing arm pivot brackets

Post by cheeser »

Hi Chris,
I think you may need to use shims between the brackets and the monocoque, in fact you will probably need to do this to get the geometry correct, particularly the toe in. Your car is looking very interesting and should perform very well with that powerunit.
Chris_Lincs

Post by Chris_Lincs »

Yeah, I was wondering if I might have to use shims to get the geometry right. Are there any recommended settings for the the geometry as a starting point?

Thanks, I'm certainly hoping so. I'm hoping to try & get it on the road for the 50th anniversary meet next year if possible.
cheeser

Post by cheeser »

I would think the main thing to do at both front and rear would be to set up with a little toe in initially with maybe 1/2 degree negative camber ( you certainly don't want too much camber on the front because it will go more negative under braking anyway). I'm certainly no expert, you will probably find Tim Duffee the best place to go for advice taking into account your engine position/ weight and the rest of your set up , springs,anti roll bar, tyres etc.