Hillclimb & Sprint - Special Class for Imp Based

Forum for Davrian topics and questions...
graham

Re: Hillclimb & Sprint - Special Class for Imp Based

Post by graham »

https://picasaweb.google.com/1001353230 ... 4370297570

Some pictures here from Curborough, c/o Shireen Broadhurst Photography.
Ifans Davrian on here too, along with Imp and G15.

Anyone getting ready for next year?
Heathrow Area Centre Organsiser (The Imp Club)
cheesespeed

Post by cheesespeed »

Hi Graham
I would love to come out & Sprint again, but my engine capacity is too large, if the max size could be enlarged it could persuade me to get the old girl up & running again, but I dont feel like building a smaller engine at the moment, My Mk7 ex-works is running 1196cc at the moment Neville Cheeseman
graham

Post by graham »

With a few events now under my belt for 2012, thought I'd just revisit this post with some new pictures.
I got absolutely drowned at Wiscombe Park when the 2nd day was cancelled due to the rain.....and trees on the track!
Luckily, I then went on to stay with my cousin in Dartmouth. This gave me a week to dry out before making my way to the next event at Werrington Park in Cornwall.

Photos courtesy of: www.telphotography.com

28 April, Wiscomb Park, Devon:

5 & 6 May, Werrington Park, Cornwall. What a thrill! Very narrow, but unlike most hills, it's very fast and flowing:

Anyone else coming out to play?
Cheers
Graham
aaron aardvark

Post by aaron aardvark »

Yes, I'm coming to play!... (though not much, I'm afraid)
Will be at Epynt again on 17th June and also hoping to to Llandow again in July .. See you there, Graham?
Anyone else fancy joining in?
graham

Post by graham »

Glad to see you registered on the HSA, Ifan.
I'm afraid I don't think I can make it to Landow this year due to other commitments. Shame, as I did want to go again, it's a great circuit.
I will, however, be getting my Welsh "fix" at Pembrey on the 9th & 10th of June.
graham

Post by graham »

graham wrote:I will, however, be getting my Welsh "fix" at Pembrey on the 9th & 10th of June.
Just had a fantastic weekend at Pembrey. I could not believe how lucky I was to dodge the showers :D
The drive there Friday was a bit wet and windy. Arrived at about 5 pm, but had to wait until about 8 for the wind to die down before being brave enough to put the tent up.
No rain at all on Saturday, and only a very light shower during Sundays first practice.

A couple of pics of my Mk6 next to the Darrian T9 (2 ltr Vauxhall) of Colin Early:

Just as I'd talked myself into giving up the sprinting, an event like this comes along. I might just renew my licence next year if only to do this event and nothing else.
aaron aardvark

Post by aaron aardvark »

I'll be there to keep you company next year Graham!
Sadly this year's date clashed with other plans.
Will be doing Epynt hillclimb this coming weekend and also Llandow on July 14th... if it's in one piece after Epynt..
graham

Post by graham »

aaron aardvark wrote:Will be doing Epynt hillclimb this coming weekend and also Llandow on July 14th... if it's in one piece after Epynt..
How did it go, Ifan?
I couldn't do Llandow as I had a car show on the 15th......or I would have, if the rain didn't flood the area so bad it had to be cancelled.
I'm guessing if it was wet at Landow you were happy!
aaron aardvark

Post by aaron aardvark »

It was a cracking day out at Llandow. Although cloudy it stayed dry until the final "fun run "
There were three of us driving Davrians, me and my other half, Mandy in my orange Mk6 and Roger Dowden in his rather nice yellow mk6
Times were close, with me and Roger a second and a half apart throughout the day (Roger always in front) and Mandy on only her second event in the car about five seconds behind.
Each of us had our best times on the final run with Roger on 92.28, me on 93.90 and Mandy on 98.90
The final fun run saw Roger suffer driveshaft failiure (I think) Hope it wasn't too serious Roger!
Anyway, I enjoyed myself so much that I have now entered Loton park in September despite saying that I wouldn't do any more this year!
graham

Post by graham »

aaron aardvark wrote: me on 93.90
Crikey, I wish I hadn't asked now. Please tell me they've moved the finish line further back, as I'm sure that's a lot quicker than my time last year :o
Any changes to the car this year?