Hillclimb & Sprint - Special Class for Imp Based

Forum for Davrian topics and questions...
graham

Re: Hillclimb & Sprint - Special Class for Imp Based

Post by graham »

A couple of pics from Pembrey. Only in the paddock, I'm afraid, none on the track.
I've only been to Pembrey once before in 1996 when I started sprinting in my Sunbeam Stiletto, so it was a brand new learning curve in the Davrian.
What an amazing track, seemed even more exciting than I remember. Lovely long fast sweeping top gear bends to test the bravery. A lot to learn so was improving every run, and sure there was still more time to be gained.
Weather was great all weekend, which always helps.

Next up is Curborough this Sunday (12th) and then Mallory on the following Sat (18th) Mallory should be a good, as there is also Classic Touring Car races over the same weekend.
Heathrow Area Centre Organsiser (The Imp Club)
Nerus Impetus

Post by Nerus Impetus »

Looks great. All very tempting Graham!! And my car is just about finished too. Maybe I should think about having a go??

Rich
Richard Claydon
Mk7a
graham

Post by graham »

Chuffed as just found some shots from Pembrey:

Check out http://www.trident-sprint.com or http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w306 ... ?start=all
to see the other cars including this Darrian. Who turns out to only live about 5 miles from me. Small world!

And yes Rich, you're right, you should have a go....before you sell this one too! ;)

Cheers
Graham
Nerus Impetus

Post by Nerus Impetus »

graham wrote: And yes Rich, you're right, you should have a go....before you sell this one too! ;)

Cheers
Graham
Nooo not selling the Davrian!!

Non Race National B Licence arrived in the post today :o
Richard Claydon
Mk7a
graham

Post by graham »

aaron aardvark wrote:If all goes well will enter some HSA events.. probably Llandow,Shelsley, then Curborough...
Just seen your name on the Llandow list for Sat 16th, look forward to seeing you.

I was at Lydden on the 9th. Thought I was doing quite well until I saw John Rawlins times, I think he's had his Weetabix!
aaron aardvark

Post by aaron aardvark »

Luckily for you, Graham, I'm not too keen on Weetabix! More of a muesli person.
This will only be my second event in the car.. so much learning still to do..
Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday, Should be a grand day out..
Anyone else on here coming to watch us make fools of ourselves?
aaron aardvark

Post by aaron aardvark »

Here is a pic from Llandow on Saturday. What a cracking day out! (despite the rain!)
I had some very close competition from Graham Cashmore... who took Davrian honours in the end..
I have now entered Shelsley in September and hopefully will be at Curborough in October for a rematch with Graham.
Is anyone else coming to play soon??
Attachments
Llandow 016.JPG
Llandow 016.JPG (1.95 MiB) Viewed 7733 times
graham

Post by graham »

aaron aardvark wrote:I had some very close competition from Graham Cashmore... who took Davrian honours in the end..
It was too close for my liking! Luckily after wet practice, I put in a good brave time when it was dry...that fast drifting right hander onto the back straight is just delightfull.
I don't do rain, so if it stayed wet, I think you would have thrashed me.

See you at Curborough
aaron aardvark

Post by aaron aardvark »

There were four class N entries at the HSA season grand finale at Curborough on Sunday. Representing the Davrian marque were me and Graham Cashmore in our respective Mk6s. We were joined by Stuart Cairney's very quick Imp and Mark Paterson's Ginetta G15.
The first practice lap on a damp track saw me comfortably in the lead! I feel I should mention this as by the third practice lap the tables had turned and I was very much last. I remained in last place for the rest of the event and am now dreaming of more power and close ratio gears!
Despite coming last (in class, I did beat a few others) I thoroughly enjoyed the day. Unfortunately, I have completely failed in my attempt to upload some pictures, though I will keep trying....
Anyway, the fact of the matter is that there are far too few Davrians competing, the HSA championship offers a Hillman Imp engined class as well as the chance to compete at the country's top hillclimb and sprint venues. Surely there must be someone else who fancies joining us next year??
graham

Post by graham »

You know those computer generated overlayed arial shots they show on TV rallying to compare times between the different cars?
Well the Curborough event would be great for that. The times were very interesting.
Ifan was quickest of all of us off the sartline.
My car (with a now mild 998) felt nice and torquey but noticably not quite as willing to rev as keenly as the damaged 1040. My times seemed to clarify that, because I was about 1.5 second below my personal best, but.....it crossed the finish line at the same speed as the much higher spec 1040:
Stuarts Imp 78mph
Marks G15 75mph
My Davrian 74mph
Ifans Davrian 71mph

So just to echo Ifan....There is a unique Imp class here for grabs on the Hillclimb and Sprint scene, we HAVE to take advantage of it. So, any questions, please ask, we'd love to help you get involved next year.

Cheers
Graham