Opening rear windows

Forum for Davrian topics and questions...
PAW

Opening rear windows

Post by PAW »

Which parts have you used in case you have in your car opening side windows or even a rear window

The only, even theoretical, luggage space is in between seats and engine & due to rollgage the best access would be trough rear window...

An example of neat side window execution from this site. I have been eyeballing VW Bug parts which are cheap and available. Any other hints where to look?
'Driving too fast is not allowed but it's not forbidden to accelerate too fast' - Joop
davrian6140

Re: Opening rear windows

Post by davrian6140 »

Hi
The rear window catches and hinges are from a early mini.
I have no trouble fitting luggage through the gap , We are going to
Scotland in July in the Davrian for two weeks and we will have
adequade space with careful packing.
All the best
Dave
Dave Cooper
davrian6140

Mk6a DAV 373H
dickdixon1

Post by dickdixon1 »

I have the fittings for them but will not be putting them on - they just seem like an extra leak path to me.

When I had a daily driver I used to be able to fit all the luggage in through the doors and push into the space. Alternative was to take out the pasenger seat and put stuff in there - I remember bringing an imp engine back that way from somewhere!
PAW

Post by PAW »

davrian6140 wrote:Hi
The rear window catches and hinges are from a early mini.
I have no trouble fitting luggage through the gap , We are going to
Scotland in July in the Davrian for two weeks and we will have
adequade space with careful packing.
All the best
Dave
I have been looking for "nice looking" catches, but in vain. Are these the ones you have been using or?
http://www.minispares.com/product/Class ... H3535.aspx
Regret to say, but beetle ones look better even if I would prefer to keep it all British ;-)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vw-Type-1-Beetl ... 1b&vxp=mtr

My cage has the X brace inside the hoop i.e. the gap is very small. Practically very hard if not impossible to fit a bag of any size behind the seats from inside. Naturally of one travels with thick wallet only this could be doable. Unlikely that this solution will be ever available in my case
'Driving too fast is not allowed but it's not forbidden to accelerate too fast' - Joop