Race Davrian

Forum for Davrian topics and questions...
Iain

Re: Race Davrian

Post by Iain »

That's looking really good.
Would love to see more photos.
What size are the rear rims and tyres and what make are the tyres .
I have 13x10 " rims on the rear of my Mk8 and looking for some "road legal" race tyres for them (and 13x8" on the front).
Here is view of the X-flow installed in mine.
IMG_0404.JPG
Good to see some of the alternative, to imp, power plants coming out of the woodwork. It's likely there were more in period than are recognised. Or is that just me?
Eyre

Post by Eyre »

Thanks. That install looks pretty neat too. Have you inner rear arches that keep the air filter from getting covered in road dirt/water?
I see that the original top shock mounts have been replaced with new ones that incorporate the engine frame, albeit with the shocks presented at a slight angle but I can't image it makes much difference to handling.
I have 13" rims on mine too because I really like the original Samba split rims that came with the car. They're also 8" up front and 10" at the rear. I got a nearly new set of Avin CR500s off a Caterham R500 which fit perfectly except that there isn't as much contact surface with them as the original Avon slicks that were on it. I haven't run it on them yet but I think they should suit the car well despite this. They're road legal because our racing class requires road legal tyres to be used.
I'll put a few more pics up when I get a minute.
Iain

Post by Iain »

On my Mk8 there are no inner wheel arches at the rear and there doesn't seem to be an issue with debris in the filter or engine bay generally.
I too have problems with the steering column between my large feet ! Would love some interior and footwell shots to see how you addressed this and re routed the column.
Interesting that these cars present similar issues to different owners with different engine /box combinations and we all come up with different solutions , so no two cars the same....