Meet

Forum for Davrian topics and questions...
Iain

Re: Meet

Post by Iain »

There's always Silverstone on Saturday 1/11/14 the Walter Hayes Meeting.
If all goes according to plan , Myles and myself plan to be racing our Mk 8's in there in the closed wheel race.
Usually chilly, often wet, but would be nice to see you all !
Cheers
Iain
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

Hi Dick, yep fair one, unless someone puts something forward we won't make it happen, for me personally if it's an attempt to get some Davrian's together then I would rather it is when there is a bit more daylight and better weather, I'm still building confidence in the Dav and don't fancy a breakdown in December, plus I have no heater, I know that sounds a tad wimpish and too doubtful of the cars ability but I'm too used to being cosseted by my modern for too long.

If it's a meet but we're not intending to Dav-up, then I'm happy to go with suggestions (other than the 25th Oct sorry), could even go for something in the lull between Christmas and New Year, at risk of contradicting my first paragraph I think there is a classic meet at Romsey around Christmas?

Regarding Silverstone, sounds interesting, is it open paddock?
dickdixon1

Post by dickdixon1 »

I think meeting around a race meet is a good idea - I can't do the Silverstone weekend.

If Myles or Ian can post their race schedule then we can aim for one of them next year.

As for this year...other options??

Not sure where I will be in the Xmas lull but might be Surrey, Wales, Lincs or Somerset!
Minimole23

Post by Minimole23 »

Any further thoughts/dates or is this likely to be postponed to next year?
Blade

Post by Blade »

Hi all. Not been on here for a while due to internet issues! I would suggest next year as a time to meet as the weather is now going to get a bit poor. Also I know somebody that works at Thruxton so might be able to sort something on a race weekend. Also I've got to get my backside in gear and get to work on my steed!!! It's real good to see so many Davrians have now been put back on the road/track so with a little notice we might be able to get the sort of turnout that used to be achieved back in the day. What's your thoughts?
Nugget

Post by Nugget »

Thruxton next year is good for me, I can't find the 2015 Thruxton race calendar on the net so I assume it's not been published yet, but to meet at a race meet would be a good idea.