Longleat hillclimb

Forum for Davrian topics and questions...
aaron aardvark

Longleat hillclimb

Post by aaron aardvark »

Does anybody know if there is a Davrian get together at Longleat this year? If so when?
I've heard there may be some problem with the venue and Woolbridge mc, the organising club...
Anybody know??
intrepid
Site Admin

Re: Longleat hillclimb

Post by intrepid »

It might be worth giving John Rawlins a shout - see link to his site under the Links section or PM him - I think he is motorsportjohn on this forum.
cheeser

Post by cheeser »

About 2 weeks ago I was talking to a committee member of Woolbridge who confirmed that unfortunately Longleat is not going to happen.......... too many problems and too much expense.BUT he did let on that a new venue was being explored in the Dorset/Devon area and thought it looked hopeful that it would go ahead, although it couldn't be confirmed where or when! There are always the Wiscombe hollclimbs that Woolbridge run and other clubs also run events here, although Woolbridge have always been friendly to Davrians!
motorsportjohn

Post by motorsportjohn »

Yes as stated, the Longleat Hillclimb is no more but, as stated in another response, Woolbridge apparently have a possible replacement venue for Longleat, and I am waiting to hear more.

Last year a meet was arranged at the Imp Club National Weekend but with only a small attendance caused in part due to the enforced change in the website URL when Compuserve closed down their webhosting service (new URL is http://www.john.rawlins.com/ndr1). N.B. I am still trying to get Google to recognise the new site despite the fact that it registers reasonably high in a Yahoo search.

In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions about a possible meeting venue please let me know. One thought that has been banded around is the newly revised Crystal Palace sprint. I am a member of the Sevenoaks and District MC which runs this event and I intend to approach the club to discuss this possibility.
aaron aardvark

Post by aaron aardvark »

How about going to Epynt hillclimb? It's the nearest event to the Darrian factory and more importantly the nearest to home!