Racing Mk8 ex Coleman /Munnoch/Forrest

List known surviving cars here
Stakhanovite

Racing Mk8 ex Coleman /Munnoch/Forrest

Post by Stakhanovite »

Scan-111003-0003web.jpg
Scan-111003-0003web.jpg (885.52 KiB) Viewed 7272 times
New to this forum- here are a couple of pics of a Mk8 imp I owned briefly in the 90's (I think) It was a very late car, with super thin panels. It was difficult to push it around, the GRP was so thin. Ian Forrest reconed it was the best Davrian he ever drove. I sold it to a racing gypsy who sold it on to someone in Australia or possibly New Zealand.
Attachments
Scan-111003-0006web.jpg
Scan-111003-0006web.jpg (842.18 KiB) Viewed 7272 times
jonsered

Re: Racing Mk8 ex Coleman /Munnoch/Forrest

Post by jonsered »

Yeah, i built this car for the 83 season, good to see the post!
Anyone know where it is now?
motorsportjohn

Post by motorsportjohn »

This car, listed as owned by Andy Bryson and now in Australia (see NDR entry below) is purported to be the same car but if so has obviously undergone quite a degree of modification since it early days.

DI/8/052 Kenny Coleman
Eric Munnoch
Ian Forrest (Bob Jamieson)
Duncan Fisher
Rhoderic Stewart
ANDY BRYSON
Bryson.jpg
Bryson.jpg (33.58 KiB) Viewed 6956 times
slantfour

Post by slantfour »

I do own the Mk8 D1/8/052. The car in the picture is mid engine car.

I have just finished rebuilding 052 and hope to race it in Historic in Australia.

The car is now red same as the picture. I will post some pictures when I finish it.

Andy
Stakhanovite

Post by Stakhanovite »

Hi Andy
was that mid engined one the car that burned out? I borrowed it for a while over here and decided not to buy it- my comments to the seller was the fuel system was rotten, and a fire risk.....

052- wish I had kept that one- be nice to see some pics- I spent a lot of cash on that car- new instruments throughout, fire system, brake and fuel lines and a Shannon 998 with 410 cam, had a big box of JK gear ratios with it too. did you get the extra bodywork with all the holes cut in it

Rhoddy
slantfour

Post by slantfour »

Yes that is the one that burn't, I used the bits to build a mid engine Mk 7a which I rally in Targa Tasmania as well as my Imp.

I have completely gone over 052. The engine has been rebuilt to the same spec as when I got it but I had to replace the crank as it cracked. I had a spare in an old 875 which was still std.

There were a few other minor things but I had raced it for 2 seasons before. The reason it is taken me so long as I was in Dubai and the car sat in the shed for 6 years. It now has a 5 speed and the engine has 120 bhp @ 8000 first meeting is July

The other bodywork is still behind the shed!

Andy